Honey Wheat Cookies
These are a great healthy treat. They use absolutely no sugar because they are sweetened with honey.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sifted whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Mix in the honey, egg and vanilla. Combine the whole wheat flour, dry milk powder, wheat bran and baking soda; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges begin to brown. Remove from baking sheet to cool on wire racks.