Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sifted whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Generously grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the margarine, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and eggs. Combine the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda and salt, gradually blend into the creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts if desired. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. For bar cookies, press dough into a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.